Club Arnage
June 23, 2024, 04:36:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replica Cars. Naff or Not?  (Read 12531 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »

Bloody hell H. I've been itching to do that race but none if my lot wanted to do it. I'd have done a solo 24h if I had known there would be other normal people there. Oh we'll, best of luck and let us know how you got on.

Yep, it's been on my list of things to do for a while too, although I'm not entirely sure why. A bit like you, I couldn't get anyone interested, and the idea of doing it on my Jack is taking the Billy-No-Mates scenario to the extreme. There's two of us going to do it, and our target is 400 miles. We're in garage 22, and I need to look up and see which of my LM heroes have been in there before me, - I'm hoping Derek Bell or Jan Lammers, but might have to settle for Mr Blobby. Just riding somewhere without potholes that the NCB would have been proud of will be a pleasant change, although I don't think it will be pleasant for long. It's quite amusing to see that there's a 'Le Mans' start, with all the riders hobbling across the tarmac to jump on their bikes. I see that as the first hurdle...

Can I be the first to say "baboons arse"?

H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 04:05:21 pm »

[ It's quite amusing to see that there's a 'Le Mans' start, with all the riders hobbling across the tarmac to jump on their bikes.

I had a giggle at that too - I imagine the clickety clack of the bike shoes sounding like a gaggle of Lancashire clog dancers when the clocking in whistle goes off at t'mill!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 11:56:28 am »

You could always do an Ickx and walk to your bike in a protest against the lack of doping agents that you were hoping would be freely available at a French cycling event.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: