Club Arnage
June 27, 2024, 04:50:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Annexe "Club" Campsite  (Read 7313 times)
jakeb

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2013, 06:46:23 pm »

Hi

I'm a veteran of some 15 years but missed 2012 and have managed to acquire some Houx Annexe Club passes thinking they were Houx Annexe! (I am really after Houx but bought them as a "banker")

Does anyone have any experience of this campsite? Someone on another forum said they were told by the ACO it was for ACO members only??

Many thanks

Jake
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:08:20 am by jakeb » Logged
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

We have been on the 'annexe for years and are not aco members. No idea where the club bit is, its not on the map.

If you have not stayed on the annexe before, and assuming the club is part of it, it has numbered plots, flat, with a good amount of loos snd showers. Ground is ok for camping on, bit dusty but flat mostly.

Can be a bit noisy, but which site isn't?

Good access to the track and trams, also easy to get out for shopping etc.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:58:34 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
jakeb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:58:55 pm »

Hi

The club bit appears to be an un-numbered area at the north of the Houx Annexe site boardering the new circuit entrance and the roundabout

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/1/1/ressources/Pdf/2012/24-heures-du-mans/2012_24_heures_du_mans_plan_situation.pdf

I was wondering if it is actually fenced from the public where it meets the new circuit entrance from the roundabout - see the bing link below which is more up to date than google maps

http://binged.it/14t4QH0

Cheers

Jake
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:05:36 pm by jakeb » Logged
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:53:26 pm »

If I'm thinking of the right area, its not been used for camping for a while.

Can't think of any reason why it won't be a good spot, good track access and access away from the track.

Have they had aco members camping areas anywhere else? The key question is do you need a membership number to access the site?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
jakeb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 07:38:43 am »

I hope not as I dropped my membership when I ordered Houx and kept getting Beausjour....

I have marked up the map. Its the fencing I am interested in, eg how easy is it for the world and his wife to wander in from the roundabout or is it accessed only from the main site? Club is in red

Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 09:12:17 am »

I should be on Club as well. It's the red part and it wasn't fenced off last year so I'll be keeping my absolute essentials (passport/wallet/money/travel documents) on me at all times. But as I do that anyway it's never really an issue for me.
jakeb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 10:48:10 am »

thanks - were there showers last year or did you have to get back into Houx Annexe somehow?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 02:43:53 pm »

I don't remember it there last year.

Assuming it's going to share access with the regular annexe, then it is open to anyone on foot.

Will be pain if access is restricted going between the two as its our route to the track!

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 02:47:35 pm »

thanks - were there showers last year or did you have to get back into Houx Annexe somehow?

We should be able to use the showers on the Annexe itself, the permanent ones are at the north side of Hous Annexe proper ans I was planning on using those and walking down to the track through the Annexe. Shouldn't be a problem to use showers and paths provided you've got your GE ticket on you.
jakeb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 07:38:39 pm »

nice grass and convenient access to circuit

Kroney

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 01:14:00 am »

I bought a couple of passes for this site on ebay, I have previously walked through the site and as jakeb has said there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it, but if I had one complaint it is that being next to one of the main entrances there is very little privacy.

Also I am not an ACO member, though I doubt anyone will check that...

Can anyone confirm/reassure me that there won't be a problem when I turn up?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 02:45:48 am »

Also I am not an ACO member, though I doubt anyone will check that...

Can anyone confirm/reassure me that there won't be a problem when I turn up?

HI,

I've only ever had to show my Members card to buy things with the members discount or to gain access to the ACO member  only areas.  You won't have a problem in the Campsites.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Kroney

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 02:56:03 am »

Thank you, much appreciated
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: