Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 05:25:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Photos, Thanks Pidge  (Read 3129 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2003, 11:17:15 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 11:20:51 pm »

Sorry about the clarity, but thats down to the 100kb size limit when loading onto the site, but you get the picture.

Regards
Chris
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 09:24:44 am »

You can reduce the resolution and keep the quality, that works quite well.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Fax
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 10:25:45 pm »

Hi Chris,
Great pic!  That hillside above the esses where you shot that from may very well the best vantage point in all of motor racing.  Most of my favorite racing photos I've taken in recent years have come from the Petit.  I need to get Dave & Matt to post some of theirs from Road Atlanta.  Matt has a  nice one from Andy Wallace's shunt at last years Petit.  I don't have a scanner or else I would love to get some of mine on here as well.
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 02:51:38 am »

Ah yes Fax...  How many times have we stood/staggered on that hill looking at them thundering down through the esses and making the left hander (or not in Herr Werner's case).  Chris - did you see the incident happen?  The rumble strip's pretty heavy there so I suspect he got a bit of air if he took the line I think he did.

I also remember negotiating that corner myself during my Panoz/Michelle Pfifer weekend - they'd just resurfaced the area immediately to the left of where Werner's car is languishing and we had the honor of being the first to run on it.  I found that sequence particularly tricky for quite a while - the concept of keeping it large all the way down there is mind boggling - though still not as daunting as turn 12.

I'd love to see the bikes run RA.  Has anyone on CA?
Fax
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 05:46:29 am »

Hi Dave,
Never seen the bikes at Road Atlanta in person but caught them countless times on TV.  However, do you remember John Higgins, that wild-man, Irish ex-pat that used to come into Hap's?  He raced & tested at RA several times on his GSXR-750 during his WERA Superbike days before heading back home.  His opinions echoed yours very closely,  Get the exit of  the 6 & 7 complex right or you'll get clobbered all the way down the backstraight.  Turn twelve had his balls in his throat coming down the hill, flat through there is Edwards or Bostrom territory.  You get high-sided there or in turn 1 and its going to hurt big-time.
John
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 07:53:14 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin - age > 25 days]
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 03:33:08 am »

Nice picture Pidge, and i posted the Petit CD and this years Goodwood compilation off to you on Saturday morning so it should be with you soon.
Regards
Chris
PS. trying to find out how to blag a photo pass for Sebring !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: