Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 03:53:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy 21st Birthday....  (Read 9594 times)
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 09:50:59 am »

The only recollections for me of the old pits was in 1990 when we went over with the brother in law to their gite in the October half term, and he took me to the circuit to see the museum and as usual being typically french it was closed, but we did see the construction going on of the new pits.                                                                                                                                   It was quite bizarre seeing half the old pit still standing, dwarfed by what we see today and then 8 years later I finally made it to my first race and the rest is history......only missed the race once since then Grin

It must have been fantastic being there and having no fencing along the pit straight to obscure the view.

Andy
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 10:02:08 am »

....to the pits complex!!  Wink

Yes I seem to remember they set light to a Peugeot too that year.

But not so much of the 1991 race itself as it was last the time I missed the race. The reason - my son Al - born 23rd June 1991 - he is twenty one this year too and will be there with me and team Monkey again next week.

The significance of the date had passed me by - I think some appropriate trackside celebration is in order...
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 01:52:49 pm »

since then Grin

It must have been fantastic being there and having no fencing along the pit straight to obscure the view.

Andy

There was fencing up along the pit straight during the 80's, but it was pretty much the only place that did have it.

Happy days!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: