Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 12:33:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blimey, that was a good race!!!  (Read 10195 times)
Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 01:17:25 pm »

Radar, I think alot of people (myself included) thought the second half of Button's season last year took some of the shine off of his title, he looked VERY ordinary, being consistantly out-qualified and raced by Rubens.  Good thing he had a helluva first half of the season.
Fax

Up to a point - his qualifying was pretty dire, but in the races (Spa and Valencia excepted) he was still very good, and carried out some stunning overtakes. If his season had been the other way round, with the results coming in the second half, would anyone be asking questions about his ability?
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 02:49:54 pm »

Dottore seems like John Hindhaugh agrees with us about Hamilton not being able to pass the Ferrari's. he's been talking about it on the Radio Le Mans mid week motorsport podcast  Grin

Seems like we're in good company then  Grin.

Weather forecast in Sepang is rain/showers on Saturday and Sunday, might have to change my opinion on the track ... it could be an interesting weekend.
Just booked flight and hotel for Barcelona in May, hope we'll see a great race over there !

Snap !! I've also just booked for Barcelona, grandstand at the first corner so I'm expecting a barnstorming race . Should be a good five days I hope !!

a
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:53:42 pm by Gordonwr » Logged

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 06:16:42 pm »

Radar, at the end of the day, its unlikely history is going to remember his 2009 title as a "vintage year".
It was a season where his team enjoyed a significant technical advantage over his rivals during the first half of the season, and Jensen did just enough in the second half to keep from coughing up the title to his journyman teammate, among others.  But all said & done he's the defending champ, so well done.
Jensen reminds me a lot of DC, if the cars perfect he's there in the fight, if the cars not spot on, he's nowhere to be seen.  He's never been one of those seat of the pants drivers who can drag a reluctant car along faster than it really should be going. I doubt in twenty years when they talk about the pantheon of GP greats, Jensen Button's name is going to come up, but I suspect Lewis will.
Fax
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 06:49:12 pm »

Dottore seems like John Hindhaugh agrees with us about Hamilton not being able to pass the Ferrari's. he's been talking about it on the Radio Le Mans mid week motorsport podcast  Grin

Seems like we're in good company then  Grin.

Weather forecast in Sepang is rain/showers on Saturday and Sunday, might have to change my opinion on the track ... it could be an interesting weekend.
Just booked flight and hotel for Barcelona in May, hope we'll see a great race over there !

Snap !! I've also just booked for Barcelona, grandstand at the first corner so I'm expecting a barnstorming race . Should be a good five days I hope !!

a

I got tickets for the west area, between turn 7 and 12, should be able to walk around a little bit and snap some pictures.  Decided to keep it a bit low cost, means more budget for other races.

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 06:51:40 pm »

In terms of outright speed I suspect your right, Hamilton is a class above and of the current batch I would rank him with only Alonso and Vettel.

Kubica could be on the verge of joining that 3 if he can pull more more drives out the bag, there is not alot wrong with the Renault motor that he has, the merc and ferrari may just shade it but Red bull dont seem to find it a handicap, so if the chassis is there abouts he will grow, but I feel that unless the car is 100% he will give up.

Buttons ability is not outright speed, (but he was blinding in a FF, F3 and he is no slouch in F1 ), rather the way he drives. Ross Brawn, says he was the smoothest he ever had and took very little from his car. That is what this seasons cars need.

I think Button will often find himself at the head of a q of cars on fresher rubber, he also seems alot more relaxed than almost ever other driver out there, I like that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:03:06 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 02:44:03 pm »

Tomorrow's race is shaping up to be interesting.

Both the McLarens and the Ferraris made a big tyre mistake in Q1, Jenson made it through to Q2 but as he had found himself stranded in the kitty litter he only managed 17th.  Hamilton, Massa and Alonso are BEHIND him!

Webber pulled off a Button-like tyre choice, went for intermediates and stole pole quite convincingly.  Vettel only 3rd.

Rosberg is 2nd on the grid, but Schuey is only 8th.  Why he evens bothers I don't know, arrogant big-chinned twat.

The questions are: What time will the rain start? How heavy will it be?  On which lap will the race be called off?

Crouch..........bind..........set
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 05:08:20 pm »

bloody hell whats going on? another good race. Hamiliton drove a masterful race after cocking up his tyre choice again.

Button held his nerve and kept it all together for another victory, he also leads Hamiliton in the Q stakes as well as the drivers champs.

Red Bull have only themselves to blame for once again failing to bring it home.

I think MS must start to think about his future. Its not pretty and he is being shown the way by too many others now. That was the sort of race he used to dominate.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 06:04:45 pm »

This season is so far one of the best of recent years - some great racing today. I suppose the rain is playing it's part but I'm only getting short catnaps during the races instead of the full 90 minute snooze.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 07:54:13 pm »

Yes, elecelent Strategy and drive by Button, Hamilton had to work hard to get 2nd and get any respect from the other drivers. Alsonso resorted to trying to cheat by jumping the start, and his barging Massa out of the way to get into the pit lane nearly took them both out. I can't believe Ross Brawn will keep backing MS he must  be embarrased, Rosberg just kept his head down and got on with it, he had a great race and proved it's not the car that is MS's problem.
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 08:37:29 pm »

(In a German accent :- 'Ouch. My neck is still sore from my old motorcycle injury')

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 08:52:48 pm »

MS - simple answer for him being there, brings in the sponsers and the german fan base.

Roseberg, is going to get better and better.

Button - rear tyres worn out, he was in front most of the time not much to over take, but a good call on his tyres.

Hamilton - Front tyres - worn out, sh#t he had to weave around eveyone to get 2nd and that was with 4 stops!, can see him getting better

neil - to much wine to make sense  Grin, but at least he does not to have to get a plane anywhere

Overall, good race, but will be fun when back in Europe, maybe.

+ side, did not see much of the dwarf on TV.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 08:26:19 am »

The big lad interviewed him before the race. Questions were mainly around what if the teams cannot ship back to Europe in time for Spain, what would F1 do about the Spanish GP? Bernie said maybe we'll hold it here, which I found mildly amusing. I hope he was trying to be amusing!!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 12:27:16 pm »

I think MS must start to think about his future. Its not pretty and he is being shown the way by too many others now. That was the sort of race he used to dominate.

I think Mercedes Benz - like every other big manufactorer - did not join F1 for the racing, for them I assume the priorities are as follows:

1. Marketing
2. Marketing
3. Marketing
36. some racing

Based on their priorities they definitely signed the best driver contract of all teams, since MS is around again they have a enourmous media coverage - not only in Germany. As far as the driving is concerned his days on top are over because the very first thing you need to do when you want to get to the top is to beat your team mate. If things develop like they were in the first 4 races, I doubt that MS will do another season.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:53:41 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 02:12:27 pm »

The big lad interviewed him before the race. Questions were mainly around what if the teams cannot ship back to Europe in time for Spain, what would F1 do about the Spanish GP? Bernie said maybe we'll hold it here, which I found mildly amusing. I hope he was trying to be amusing!!
Can you imagine how upset Mr Alonso would be he would have a right old tanrum at missing his hero worship.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: