Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 09:42:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing at Sebring  (Read 6474 times)
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 04:51:25 pm »

judging by your typing abilities above - you have some way to go before you recover your faculties my friend!

LOL !

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Woolly

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 04:44:41 pm »

As will know by now, we made it back! In the end, it wasn't too bad. Lost keys were covered by the Ford roadside assistance but nobody could get a key cut on a Sunday. As we HAD the RV back on Monday morning, a tow was arranged, Ford covered the call-out charge and the first 35 miles so we ended up paying $130 for the remaining mileage (43 if I remember right). On the plus side it saved us about $50 in fuel and about $32 in mileage on the rental as we were paying $0.40/mile, which brings the cost of the tow down to $50. The rental company got a locksmith on the Monday morning and we paid him directly ($75, instead of the $125 the rental co wanted to charge!) as it wasn't a coded key. On the down side we had to pay $75 to get the tanks emptied, rather than $30 at Sebring if we'd done it ourself and about $65 for the prop-shaft to be re-installed (including new bolts, which had been damaged in removal). All in all it wasn't as bad as we feared.

Woolly.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 06:23:10 pm »

Very glad to hear it wasn't as horrific as first feared.  I remember seeing you guys looking for the keys and thinking "once a key gets down in that sand, it'll never be seen again"  Hope this experience doesn't put you of from coming back next year. The Mrs said her blown out knee won't keep her from coming back!
Fax
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: