Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 01:35:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any news on Audi testing after Sebring  (Read 3127 times)
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2010, 04:04:10 pm »

I've been searching some websites for any news about Audi testing on Monday and Tuesday after Sebring but have not found anything.  Anybody got a lead on that?  I would be interested to know how their lap times went. 
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 06:52:23 pm »

there are bits and pieces around, but not seen any times apart from the first days rather modest 1.49.

The audi did have a big hit on one day and the rest of the time both the Audi and Pug have been pounding round.

http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/news-focus-3937.html

http://www.racingnation.com/story.asp?aid=1575

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Jager

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:43:42 am »

I heard when I was at Sebring that Peugeot were going to park their cars after the race and not touch them, then run a further 12 hours straight in testing to replicate the 24 hours of Le Mans. I think there were playing mind games with Audi and wanted to show that even after 12 hours racing they could run as fast (or faster) than the new R15 in testing.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:37:16 am »

I heard when I was at Sebring that Peugeot were going to park their cars after the race and not touch them, then run a further 12 hours straight in testing to replicate the 24 hours of Le Mans. I think there were playing mind games with Audi and wanted to show that even after 12 hours racing they could run as fast (or faster) than the new R15 in testing.

Hi Jager,
            While all the above may be true. It is also true that the top teams have been running their cars for another 12 hours on Monday for years.
It is also true that 12 hours at Sebring is as hard on the car as 24 hours at Le Mans.
Phil
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 05:11:58 pm »

I believe Peugeot, Corvette, Accura and Aston Martin all ran an additional 12 hours, as well as Audi taking to the track until Rockenfeller pranged it. I'm not certain if they had a 2nd tub or if they got back out after his crash.

There were probably a few more as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: