Club Arnage
June 28, 2024, 02:21:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orange Overalls  (Read 3956 times)
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2010, 09:10:34 pm »

Happy to say I've just had my membership of the British Motorsport Marshals Club confirmed and am attending my first training day at Cadwell Park on 13th January.
Anyone else on here a Marshal?

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:28:53 pm »

I used to be a marshal in the 80's.  But after started to be come disillusioned by the lack of organization at many events.   The worst was the Grands Prix.  They expected you to sign on at some ungodly hour and then stay till the delayed bitter end.   

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
alan-g

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 12:23:44 am »

Lord Steve, you'll wish that you had joined years ago.

I marshal Startline and Pit Wall at Le Mans (and other places), "the best seats in the house".

Alan
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 12:33:33 am »

...... The worst was the Grands Prix.  They expected you to sign on at some ungodly hour and then stay till the delayed bitter end.    
They still do Shocked  and they've closed the marshal's campsite, plus Bernie want thousands from the recovery trucks as they usually have a name on the side and thats advertising, so you pay him Cry

Anyway, good luck with the marshalling.  I have a couple of friends that circuit marshal, and they enjoy every minute of it, especially Goodwood.  They're all a very friendly bunch down my way.  I'm only a rally marshal myself, but you have to put something back, so I do a couple of events evey year, and its so good to be that close to the action, though last time I did spend a couple of hours rearranging the trailer park

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:37:11 am »

I was a Marshal as well before we had kids. I loved doing the smaller events & some larger one's like F3,BTCC,F3000 & Truck GP(never the F1 GP)
I mainly spent my day's @ Brands but I also did Thruxton,Silverstone & Snetterton.
This was even after the ex owner of Brands Nicola Foulston had a right dig at marshals Angry

I still have loads of happy memories, as I was mainly a pit marshal I got to meet Nick Mason,Dave Gilmour,Mika Hakkinen & Mike Salo (both many times) James Hunt, Nelson Piquet amongst others. I had a memorial meeting with Hugh Chamberlain on the pit wall @ Silverstone  Grin

I think you'll really enjoy iy!

I would go back to it again If I ever had enough of Brooklands
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 09:15:16 pm »

This was even after the ex owner of Brands Nicola Foulston had a right dig at marshals Angry

Dont start me on about that stupid pig ignorant bitch!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 06:28:55 pm »

Happy to say I've just had my membership of the British Motorsport Marshals Club confirmed and am attending my first training day at Cadwell Park on 13th January.
Anyone else on here a Marshal?

Steve

Well done Steve, I've been at it for about 20 yrs or so, and had some great times out in all weathers !!
I've had to cut down of late due to the big C but have already booked the ferries for L M and F1 at Spa again, the same as last year plus I'll get to a few local events although I pick carefully now.
I'll look forward to seeing you on the bank sometime maybe.

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 06:24:00 pm »

Well done Steve, I've been at it for about 20 yrs or so, and had some great times out in all weathers !!
I've had to cut down of late due to the big C but have already booked the ferries for L M and F1 at Spa again, the same as last year plus I'll get to a few local events although I pick carefully now.
I'll look forward to seeing you on the bank sometime maybe.
[/quote]

I'm looking forward to it Gordon - are you marshaling at LM this year?

I tested negative for patience.
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:11:16 pm »

Yep, I'll be at post 33 which is on the Mulsanne near to the tram terminus. It's run by the guys from Spa and Zolder that I work with in Belgium.  There are a few post manned by Brit marshals that you can register with by contacting the MSA, but I've never done it that way.

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: