Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 05:38:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schumacher to Join Mercedes/Brawn GP  (Read 13394 times)
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 12:15:56 am »

Thanks for the support Fax Wink

Something has to be wrong with F1, when you can buy a team for next to nought in February, and win the next 6 races. Roll Eyes  And take my advice Schumacher, it won't happen again

So thats why we go to Le Mans Grin

But if they start singing from the same hymnsheet its all over Cry
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:18:54 am by Lorry » Logged

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 10:40:06 am »

I agree about the Grp C regs, they should be the basis of the current ACO ones. Hang on I think the ACO do restrict the total amount of fuel a car can use.

The Brawn team did not spring out of nowhere, and the prime reason it was the class of 09, at least for the first six months was that the team when it was Honda had given up on the 08 car and started the 09 car way ahead of McLaren and Ferrari. Neither had it down down the KERs route.

In many ways the success of Brawn, shows that F1 is in better health now than it has been for a while. It proves that clever design and good team leadership when combined with a strong engine and good drivers can make an inpact.

Fax's comparison with the turbo cars is interesting, the cars did have the potential of 1400bhp for a flying lap, but the supply of those engines was restricted to only a few drivers, combine that with the special tyres those same drivers had and it was then looking like a closed shop and the rest where only fighting for the minor places.

Hopefully it has opened up a bit now, the engines have a cap on power (a bit like the fuel restricted turbo era) so the designers have to play with other ways to improve, the relibility of the cars is now amazing, which could show how understressed they are.

Even with the all the restrictions, a F1 car is still the fastest form of racing on a road circuit.

So aside form the circus aspect of some tracks and the obvious greed of BE they are more postives to F1 now than say 3 years ago.

And I agree about MS, he wont find it easy, but it will be fun watching him try.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: