Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 10:29:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le mans 2010 - I'm probably going in .......  (Read 4815 times)
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:04:47 pm »

An Alfa 156 v6,  ok its not going to set the world alight , but it does sound good and apparently everyone has to have an Alfa at some time!

Bought on ebay and picking it up tommorow, so I've got just over 8 months to make sure its fettled!

The E28 528i auto got 28 mpg on this years trip , can the 6 speed alfa beat that? probably not!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:43:08 pm »

An Alfa 156 v6,  ok its not going to set the world alight , but it does sound good and apparently everyone has to have an Alfa at some time!

Bought on ebay and picking it up tommorow, so I've got just over 8 months to make sure its fettled!

The E28 528i auto got 28 mpg on this years trip , can the 6 speed alfa beat that? probably not!
I think it might be a bit shy of 28 but so what... they sound good and go well when spanked Grin

Anyone want a 3.0 24V Senator, H plate... £200 with tax and MOT until Jan. Its a top spec one and was ex police if I am lead to believe.
It does 150 easily (on my private testing ground)...

It averages about 30mpg Wink
PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 11:57:43 pm »

What, on your driveway? Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:58:21 pm »

I think it might be a bit shy of 28 but so what... they sound good and go well when spanked Grin

Anyone want a 3.0 24V Senator, H plate... £200 with tax and MOT until Jan. Its a top spec one and was ex police if I am lead to believe.
It does 150 easily (on my private testing ground)...

PP

I thought you were in love with the car??

Why selling so soon??

Let me know full details by PM!  Wink
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:59:17 pm »

Good luck with the car, Stu! See you again in June Cool

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 11:26:04 pm »

Thanks Paddy, yes I'm looking forward to it already!

Picked the car up tonight , small amount of trouble coming home (a mere 5 miles) as the wipers only worked when "held" , the screen wasnt very clean and I hadnt got the hang of the blower to keep the inner screen clear, a little inconvenient when driving west into the setting sun.
 But I took it out later when it was dry and dark and it does shift! Sounds great and the cabins a nice place to be.

Lord PPs senator sounds like a real bargain, should be plenty of space for for 3 or 4 to LM

Go on Mark.... buy it!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:37:09 pm by redstu » Logged
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 03:02:26 pm »

I'm pleased to see that Alfa electrics haven't improved, but you'll enjoy it

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 11:31:12 pm »

Lord PPs senator sounds like a real bargain, should be plenty of space for for 3 or 4 to LM

Go on Mark.... buy it!

A certain CA member has taken her off my hands.... I shall say no more until the pics are available!!
She has gone to a good home!! Grin

Cheers ?

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 09:20:35 am »

Definition of an optimist,  man who puts his seatbelt on before trying to start his Alfa Grin

And this from a guy who has had two in the past..... the 164 V6 Lusso I had was a fabulous car though

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 12:11:00 pm »

My last four cars have been Alfa's - since 1993 and I have a very old 156 Tspark (which I bought new in 2002) and I love it - It has 146K on the clock and has never missed a beat. I hope you enjoy yours too. A little word to the wise - check the oil – often, every few thousand miles. If the warning light comes on then it is likely the engine just seized. And check when the cambelt/timing belt was last changed too. They altered the distance to 35K miles a couple of years ago - I change mine every 45K and have been able to get away with it so far.

See you in June. Monkey
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 01:19:01 pm »

Definition of an optimist,  man who puts his seatbelt on before trying to start his Alfa Grin

And this from a guy who has had two in the past..... the 164 V6 Lusso I had was a fabulous car though

I dont know for certain if I used to put on my belt before or after starting the car, however since reading this I start the car first!

I think you have managed to alter my behaviour in 16 words!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 11:44:16 pm »

Well, I guess it might just probably be the MGA, for consistency's sake and provided that the front suspension is back together, and the engine has either been rebuilt or has been implored to last just one more year....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: